Channel the Yoda

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

DON'T FORGET THE TOILET PAPER BAG!

Grand Canyon Adventure
Day One - Travel

It’s morning. I mean, morning, morning; like 5 a.m. We are up and at 'em, movable-like, but only stumbling awake. 

The sounds of a Monty Python documentary play in the background as I search for whatever it is I fear I am forgetting. 

“Did I,” followed by dot, dot, dot, floats in my head. Normally it’s the usual suspects like toothbrush, passport, license, cash, etc. 

Instead I find myself wondering if I packed a plastic bag to hold wadded toilet paper for outdoor toilet time.

For the record I did forget a bag. I made do. 

PACKING ITEMS:

Water Bottles
Hiking Boots
Long Sleeved Shirts
Favorite Hiking Shorts
Sunscreen
Tweezers
Bandages (Just in Case!)
Water Shoes
Camera
"Over the Edge" Grand Canyon Death Toll Book
LOTS of Socks


Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?

LATER

We forgot the informational packet with the Hualapai Lodge address as well as directions. Google maps is a saving grace. 

This time.


2 comments:

  1. My mom and stepdad live 2 minutes away from the hualapai lodge and will be at the restaurant tonight! Julia jansen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!!!! We loved it there. Everyone was super friendly and they had the game (Cardinals/World Series) on the big screen. Super props for that!

    ReplyDelete